Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mabel's Labels BlogHer '10 Contest

The storm is getting closer and the weather reports have warned about power outages. I love the lightening and think the idea of a power outage is magical. Candles everywhere, family time without all the distractions, getting stuffed on cookies! So... let me take this little opportunity while I still have power (and a napping kiddo) to talk about my top 3 loves!


1. My family... oh I could go on about how amazing my family is (because they are)... instead, I will share how I love them:

-by being with them. I cannot spend enough time with them. They make me smile and laugh everyday.

-by protecting them. There are many harmful things in the world, and I am passionate about finding things that are safe. It is important to teach my daughter how to protect her future by defending the earth.

-by feeding them. Didn't someone once stay that your heart is in your stomach? I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes... as well as eating the results!


2. I love being creative, both coming up with my own projects or taking someone else's idea and making it my own. Some of my creative outlets include sewing, knitting, crochet, and paper crafts. I love sharing my creativity through tutorials here on my blog... and I really love hearing how you turn these ideas into your own!


3. I strive to be a good person... as in generous, compassionate, loving, and respectful. This is a lifelong process and I take lessons each day. In addition I want to be a good wife and mother, good at my career, and a good friend.



That thunder is getting louder... I guess I should finish before the storm knocks out our...


Check out the contest HERE!

No comments: