Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What Are We Eating Wednesday? Fish Tacos

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I love a good fish taco! I think there is something so "southern California" about them... and they make me happy! So to celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year... I invite you to have some delish and really easy fish tacos at home! This recipe is a twist on the classic, using a cheesy-filled taco shell (a trick I learned from a restaurant on the coast)!

Ingredients:
beer battered fish fillets (or your choice of cooked fish)
corn tortillas
cheese
guacamole
lemon

Cook the fish fillets according to the package.
While the fish is cooking, make guacamole and quesadillas.

**TRICK** To remove the seed from an avocado firmly hit the knife into the seed, twist the knife and the seed with it... and gently pull up to remove the seed!

And there you have the seed... out of the avocado... without fighting to scrape it away!

When I make guacamole I mash together:
1-2 avocados
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup sour cream
1/8 cup lemon juice
salt, pepper, garlic powder, crushed red peppers to taste

In a skillet, cook up some little quesadillas (these will become the cheesy-filled taco shells)!

Assemble your tacos and top with your favorite toppings (cabbage, lettuce, lime juice, lemon juice, salsa, sour cream, cheese, tomato, onion.... you get it)!

Enjoy!

No comments: