Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thrifty Thursday: Coupons and Lobster

Today we will have a bit of this and a bit of that...

First... have you been couponing? I got this awesome deal at Alberstons this last week... Super Bowl Sunday brought out some great sales!



I got 4 12-packs of Coke ($5.99ea), 2 DiGiorno freezer pizzas ($7.49ea) and 2 4-packs of yogurt ($3.09ea) for a steal! This would have cost me $45.12 before sale or coupons. The sale and coupons brought it down to $14.72!!!!! The soda was $4 for all 4 12-packs! AMAZING! (I took the picture after I put everything away... this is just a representation)

This week I will probably be shopping at Vons...

Betty Crocker Cake Mix on sale $.69
*use $1/2 coupons so the total is $.38 for two boxes

Yoplait YoPlus or Fiber One Yogurts 2 for $4
*use $1/1 coupons so the total is $1 for a 4-pack

Pop Tarts on sale $1.88 a box
*use $1/3 so the total is $1.54 a box

Check out more coupon deals at these blogs...
http://www.fabulesslyfrugal.com/
http://www.littlemisscoupon.blotspot.com
http://www.athriftymom.com

Now... I bet you are wondering about the lobster? Well... a few years ago, the hubby and I decided we didn't want to go out and fight the crowds on Valentines day... but we still wanted to celebrate in a special way. We decided to have lobster... and thus started a tradition. We have tried a new lobster recipe each year. So this year, I will be trying a new recipe on Sunday! The beauty of this plan is that the lobster is on sale for $4.99 at Albertsons until Tuesday! We will be having a tasty lobster dinner for 2 for under $15... totally thrifty! Even if you don't want to make lobster for Valentines, you can still take advantage of the sale, and freeze the lobster until you are ready to cook it!

2 comments:

Mrs. Hislop said...

This is another GREAT coupon website run by my friend, Sarah. Check it out!

http://licentstosave.blogspot.com/

peanutbuttonmama said...

I wondered if you all were doing Lobster! :) Enjoy! (P.S. Mike may ask to join you....since he will NEVER get it here!) :)
Plus...is that Caff Free Coke I see? :)